5 Temmuz 2012 Perşembe

She’s Not My Cherry Pie, She’s Our Cherry Pie

To contact us Click HERE
Were these "lips" merely a coincidence?
I think we all know the answer to that.
First of all, I’d like to apologize to Warrant for callingtheir song “Cherry Pie” the worst in rock history…I totally forgot about theabomination that is Jefferson Starship’s “We Build This City.” At least Warrant’ssong had pie(s) in it. 
This delicious and super easy cherry pie features a crunchy,streusel-like crust, which as I joke about in the video, makes the best icecream topping ever. It's such a natural pairing that I'm not sure it should even be served if there's no vanilla ice cream around. Of course you’re going to try and find the sweetestcherries you can, but if you don’t, please feel free to adjust the sugar amountbelow as indicated. Other than that, no alterations should be necessary.
Some of you may feel like sneaking some cinnamon in theresomewhere, but I agree with the many who say that particular spice doesn’t pairwell with cherries, and should be saved for the apples and peaches. 
Anyway, it’s the 4th of July, and I have food to eat, beerto drink, and fireworks to watch on TV. I hope you all have a fantasticholiday, and also that you give this classic summer pie a try soon. Enjoy!

Ingredients for One 9-inch Cherry Pie:For the crumb topping:1/3 cup rolled oats1/2 cup slivered almonds1/2 cup light brown sugar1/3 cup packed all-purpose flour3/4 teaspoon fine salt6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut in piecesFor the pie:1 uncooked pie shell2 pounds pitted cherries (reserve all juices!)1/2 lemon, juiced 1/3 to 1/2 cup white sugar depending on sweetness ofcherries1/4 cup cornstarch*Bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour and 15 minutes

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder