3 Ocak 2013 Perşembe

DIY Painted Family Silhouettes

To contact us Click HERE
Welcome 2013! I hope you all had a very safe and exciting New Years! I took down my Christmas decor yesterday and it was a little bittersweet. It's always sad when Christmas is over but I'm super excited for what 2013 will bring. 
When I originally posted my Christmas decor and my Christmas mantel, I had lots of questions and comments about my gold silhouettes. I made them as part of my Christmas decor but I will definitely find a permanent place in my home for them. I love how personal they are and I'm really into cream and gold right now. :)
First, I got a piece of MDF board and cut it down to size. I made them about 8x12". 

Next, I mixed some white and tan paint to get a creamy color.  

The next step was to take side photos of each member of my family. I just used my iPhone and emailed them to myself. Then, I opened the images in photoshop and used the lasso tool to select the head shape.  Next, I did a color overlay in black. 

I added some eyelashes and touched up my ponytail a bit. Then, I printed it on a transparency film to use on my overhead projector. PS a projector is a must-have tool for crafters! I use it SO often...way more than I even anticipated. I got mine on eBay for $49 with free shipping. Get one ASAP!

As you can see, you don't want to touch the ink straight off the printer. :) Oops! 

This photo is a little dark (sorry!) but I used the projector to trace each side profile onto the painted boards. Last, I took gold metallic craft paint and filled in my tracings. Easy! 


Here they are hung above my Christmas mantel but I think they may stay for a bit. I really love them!

I hope I answered some of your questions! They really are pretty easy with the projector method.
Happy New Year!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder