2 Ocak 2013 Çarşamba

Zesty Sweet Potato Oven Fries

To contact us Click HERE

gf sweet potato oven fries

Happy New Year!  It’s January, which means for the majority of American adults, it’s time to think about eating better, at least for a few days.  For me, it’s going to be a month of eating an Autoimmune Paleo diet in hopes that I can figure out a little more about my body.    What the heck is autoimmune paleo?  Well, it’s no fun, that’s for sure.  For thirty days, I will eat just meat, vegetables and fruits, excluding nightshade vegetables (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers and eggplants).  After the month is over, I will add one food back at a time, every three or four days,  to see what it does to me.  I keep telling myself that I can do anything for a month.

sweet potato oven fries by frugal antics

January will be full of healthy foods here on the blog.  I won’t limit my posts to things I am eating.  Heaven forbid I get that extreme.  However, there will be a lot of vegetables.  I have been training myself like I was getting ready for a sporting event.  I got three paleo cookbooks for Christmas.  I have been fiddling with coconut and almond milks.  I am proud to announce that I have learned to like not only radishes, but also….Brussels Sprouts.  Yup.  Even I am amazed.  Wait ’til you see what I have done to them.

Sweet Potato Oven Fries from Frugal AnticsIn the meantime, let me share these sweet potatoes.   I got the idea for them from Lora Krulak’s Veggies for Carnivores book.  Lime and adobo seasoning makes for some mighty good fries.  I had never realized what a kick a little bit of citrus juice gives roasted vegetables.  Lucky for me, I live in the land of citrus.  This time of year, the stores are overflowing with limes, lemons, tangerines, oranges and grapefruits.

Print Zesty Sweet Potato Oven Fries  

Ingredients
  • 2-3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into fries
  • 2 tsp adobo seasoning
  • juice of 1 lime
  • coconut or olive oil

Instructions
  1. Splash 1 Tbsp oil on a rimmed cookie sheet.
  2. Put sweet potatoes on the pan and add another 1 Tbsp oil.
  3. Toss to coat.
  4. Sprinkle with adobo seasoning.
  5. Squirt with lime.
  6. Roast for 40-45 in a 375 degree oven.

3.1.09

 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder