23 Eylül 2012 Pazar

The evolution of a little bench!

This little bench of mine was a craigslist find. I knew I needed a bench for this awkward height window in my living room because nothing else would fit there and it would look awkward as an empty space. 

I picked it up last year and it looked like this...

I loved the swirly iron and I knew I could recover the seat cushion. I got some fabric from Hobby Lobby and stapled it over the existing fabric. It then sat like this for a few months... Later, I decided I wanted a richer looking fabric so I tufted the bench and used some really pretty yellow satin embroidered fabric. I liked it a lot. I realized I don't have a photo of it since I didn't share the bench redo when I tufted and reupholstered it. You can kind of see it here..
Then, madness struck home and I decided I needed more of my favorite colors and patterns in the living room after I refinished the wood floors. 
I sprayed it Rustoleum metallic gold and reupholstered it with some navy and white fabric from Joann's with a coupon. Here it is now!


Whew! I love it! I am really getting excited about this room but I'm still struggling a bit with artwork above my couch. Any ideas anyone?How do you like it?! 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder