30 Eylül 2012 Pazar

The Friday Night Fish Fry

To contact us Click HERE
I’m not exactly sure how it became such a staple of WesternNew York’s regional cuisine, but every Friday night, all over this part of theEmpire State, countless hundreds of restaurants feature what’s simply called a“fish fry.”
It’s a boneless fillet of haddock, usually dipped in sometype of beer batter and served humbly with tartar sauce, fries, baked potato, or as you seehere, mashed potatoes. I enjoyed this fine example at Countryside FamilyRestaurant, a few miles from my mom’s home, and it was awesome.
I really want to do a demo for this recipe, especially sinceI’ve had hundreds of requests for “fish and chips,” which I assume this is a directdescendant of, but to do it properly you really should use a nice bigdeep-fryer. I may get a turkey fryer in anticipation of the holiday season, andcould break it in with this fabulous fish dish. If you have any “fish fry”memories, please feel free to share!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder