5 Ekim 2012 Cuma

Let Me Introduce the Improv-ers: That Skinny Chick Can Bake!

To contact us Click HERE

I will find it hard to believe if any of you don’t know my friend, Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake!  She constantly wows the blogging world with her drool-worthy baked goods.  From cookies to bread, from cakes to roasts, she definitely knows her way around an oven (she occasionally posts non-baked foods, too).  She is an active member of many food parties including the Improv Challenge.  She has wowed us with Corn and Zucchini Quesadillas,  Apple Streudel Turnovers,  Carrot and Ginger Whoopie Pies and many more.  Go visit…you won’t be sorry!!

I’m thrilled to be featured here today! Kristen is one of those sweet, down to earth, mom bloggers who feels like a real life friend. We met via Foodbuzz, and now she’s our Improv Challenge leader…always so kind and patient with us all. I thought I’d whip up our favorite new brownies for her and her followers.

My foodie friend and fellow blogger, Patty of Patty’s Food, knew we were Green Bay Packer fans. Her son works for the San Francisco 49′s and we had a big game against them. She suggested a friendly wager…the winner would send the loser a batch of brownies. The bet was on. And seeing what I made for this post, I’m certain you can figure out who won.

Bill and I split one brownie for quality control purposes…and boy, oh boy, I knew I’d have to make them again soon. The recipe came from Alton Brown…and I shouldn’t have had any worries. These were chewy, rich, and full of an insane amount of cocoa. Just two weeks later, I baked another batch for a tailgate with my sorority sisters. They were eaten pre-game, in the car, for breakfast, after a late night on the town and even shared with the gals manning the parking ramp (though they did ask us if they were “special” brownies…uh, no…can’t you see our gray roots????). I think a third batch will be made soon. And Patty mentioned that she will be baking these up to take to the 49er’s press box…I have a feeling she will need a double batch!

Thanks so much, Kristen, for inviting me to share on your lovely blog today!

5.0 from 2 reviews

Print Cocoa Brownies Author:  Serves: 16  

Ingredients
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 8 ounces (2 sticks) melted butter
  • 1¼ cups cocoa, sifted
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • ½ cup flour, sifted
  • ½ teaspoon kosher salt

Instructions
  1. Line 8 x 8 inch pan with non-stick foil (or line with regular foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray).
  2. Set aside.
  3. Preheat oven to 300º.
  4. Whisk eggs in large bowl.
  5. Add both sugars and whisk till combined.
  6. Add remaining ingredients and mix till just combined.
  7. Pour batter into prepared pan.
  8. Smooth top with off-set spatula.
  9. Bake for 45-50 minutes or till toothpick inserted in center of brownies comes out clean.
  10. Cool on rack, then cool in refrigerator for easier cutting.

3.1.08

 


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder