20 Aralık 2012 Perşembe

Peppermint Marshmallow Chocolate Cookies

To contact us Click HERE

Peppermint Marshmallow Chocolate CookiesWelcome to December’s Improv Challenge: Chocolate and Marshmallows.  This is the multi-blogger challenge where we all take two ingredients and create something tasty with them.  Because this is holiday baking month, I knew that Chocolate and Marshmallows would be the perfect pairing.  Look below for links to the other participants.  If you’d like to join us in 2013, click on my Improv tab up above for all the information.

Chocolate marshmallow cookies from frugal anticsI really wanted to make something ooey gooey and wonderful this month.  However, my thinking cap failed me.  Completely.  When I asked my children for some inspiration all I got was Hot Chocolate.   Hot chocolate in my house comes from a little envelope and I didn’t think that throwing marshmallows and maybe some candy canes  into Swiss Miss would work for the challenge.

chocolate marshmallow candy cane cookiesHowever, throwing Jet Puffed Mallow Bits and crushed candy canes into a chocolate cookie would.  And yes, I totally cheated and used a Betty Crocker Double Chocolate Cookie Mix.    In adding the candy cane, I changed the structure of the cookies as they baked.  I did not take that into account soon enough and some cookies had a hard time coming off the baking sheets.  By the third pan, I knew I had to spray it first.  Often I opt for silpats, but my insulated cookie sheets do not have rims, and I have had the silpats slide right off my pans and into the oven as I have taken them out.  I am not a cussing woman, but cookies flying off the pan into the oven can strain anyone’s self control.  Therefore, I sprayed my pans with PAM.

Print Peppermint Marshmallow Chocolate Cookies  

Ingredients
  • 1 Betty Crocker Double Chocolate Cookie Mix
  • eggs, oil and water called for in the mix
  • 1 cup Jet Puffed Mallow Bits
  • 1 cup crushed peppermint candy canes

Instructions
  1. Mix cookie mix according to package directions.
  2. Stir in mallow bits and crushed candy.
  3. Scoop onto greased cookies sheets (makes 2½ dozen).
  4. Bake 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until not doughy in the center.
  5. Let cool on pan for 3-5 minutes and remove to wire racks.

3.1.09

Peppermint Marshmallow Chocolate Holiday Cookies

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder