16 Aralık 2012 Pazar

Twice Baked Potatoes - They Take Longer, But At Least They’re More Complicated

To contact us Click HERE
I don’t do a lot of things in the kitchen purely foresthetic reasons, but these twice baked potatoes are one of my more beautifulexceptions to that rule. You can get almost the exact same flavors by justadding stuff to a regular baked potato, but what you won’t get in thatscenario is the impressive, over-stuffed height, and gorgeous, golden-brownedcrust seen here.

Is it worth it? Only you can answer that. For me, once in awhile, for those extra fancy dinners, the answer is a resounding yes. Taste is,and always will be, the most important aspect of cooking, but when entertainingguests on special occasions, don’t forget that you’re putting on ashow with the food. And when it comes to starchy side dishes, this is a greatway to express that flair for the dramatic.
Like I said in the video, this is a demonstration oftechnique, and not necessarily a recipe I want you to follow verbatim. I willlist what I used below, since I’m required to by food blogger common law, but if there was ever arecipe that you’d want to experiment with, this is the one.
By the way, since there's a certain amount of prep involvedhere, you can make these ahead of time, up to the point of the second baking,and then just finish when it gets closer to service. I hope you give this showstopping side dish a try soon. Enjoy!

Ingredients for 4 Twice Baked Potatoes:4 large russet potatoes3 tbsp butter1 or 2 tbsp minced green onionsalt, pepper, cayenne to taste1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese1/2 cup cream or milk1 egg yolkBake at 400 degrees F. for an hour to cook potatoes, andthen 20-30 to brown after stuffing.Pin It Now!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder