15 Kasım 2012 Perşembe

Last Minute Easy Cat Ears Costume Tutorial

To contact us Click HERE

This isn't a crafty blog, but I came up with this quick way to make cat ears for my four month old baby's kitty costume and I figured it should be shared.  The Eat Make Grow Blog Hop is bringing out my crafty side.  I'm pretty thrilled with how adorable these kitty ears are for a Halloween costume.  We had a pumpkin carving party yesterday and she was a big hit.  I have the party menu up on Pinterest if you're more interested in the food.

To make the ears I cut the points of the collar off a black dress shirt, hand sewed them onto a black headband and then outlined with pink embroidery floss.  To make this costume work you don't need a kitty face onesie, a black shirt would work just as well.  Use eyeliner to draw on whiskers and pink lipstick on the nose and you're good to go.  If you have a little one, I'm not sure at what age make-up is safe.  I'll leave that up to you to figure out.

Here's how I made the kitty ears. 

These are the materials:

  1. Black headband
  2. Black dress shirt with collar to cut up
  3. Pink embroidery floss
  4. Black thread
  5. Scissors
  6. 1 needle for embroidery, 1 for thread
I got the dress shirt from a thrift store for 50 cents.  The baby headbands were a couple bucks for a multi-color pack of six from a drug store.  The pink embroidery floss and black thread I had on hand.  

Since I didn't think about writing this up as a tute I didn't take any pictures as I was making it, but you can see above how the ear is made by cutting off the point of the collar.  It works great because they are already  finished.  

Then I hand sewed the ears on to the headband with the black thread.  I eyeballed where the ears should be by putting the headband on the baby and marking with a straight pin.  The ears will curl forward on their own because of the curve of the head.  
Then I took the pink embroidery floss and outlined with big loose stitches.  That's it.  Not difficult if you can get a hold of the materials.  Start to finish it took me about 10 minutes once I had everything I needed. I actually did it while nursing the baby right before the party started. 

Here's the whole costume:

She had some green legging.  She didn't need them because it wasn't that cold.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder