23 Kasım 2012 Cuma

Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls – The Least Scary Halloween Treat, Ever!

To contact us Click HERE
When I was asked to join some of my fellow foodies onYouTube, to produce a video for a special seasonal playlist called “Halloween Sweet Treats,” I sat down and considered all the scary sweetsrecipes in my repertoire. After several minutes of deep thought, I realized Ihad nothing.

Not to sound like a curmudgeon, but sticking broken pretzelsinto a marshmallow and calling it a “scary spider,” just isn’t my thing. So,instead of trying to figure out how to make a chocolate truffle look like ableeding eyeball, I made a batch of pumpkin cinnamon rolls. They may not bescary (what’s the opposite of scary?), but they are seasonal, and incrediblydelicious.
I used to joke that when Halloween/Thanksgiving time rollsaround, the only thing a chef has to do to make a recipe seasonal is to addsome pumpkin to it. Chili with a spoon of pumpkin stirred in? Halloweenchili! Dinner rolls with a spoon of pumpkin kneaded into the dough?Thanksgiving dinner rolls!
Well, that’s exactly what I did here, and while it may beformulaic, it also produced the best cinnamon rolls I’ve ever tasted. One keyis a nice soft, sticky dough. Be sure to only add enough flour so that thedough just barely pulls away from the side of the bowl as it kneads.
You can certainly embellish by adding some chopped walnutsor pecans to the cinnamon-sugar layer, but since I decided to garnish withpumpkin seeds, I went sans nuts. Anyway,despite not being very horrifying, these really would make a special treat atany Halloween party. I hope you give these a try soon. Enjoy!

Ingredients for 16 Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls:(I used a deep 13 x 9 baking dish)
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes

For the dough:1 package of dry yeast1/4 cup very warm water (about 100-105 degrees F.)1/2 tsp white sugar1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)1/4 cup heavy cream (can sub milk, but cream is better)1 tsp fine salt1/4 cup melted butter1/2 tsp vanilla extract3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or 1/2 tsp ground ginger and 1/4 tsp allspice)1 large egg1/4 cup granulated sugar4 1/4 cups all purpose flour (divided), or as needed 
 (add enough flourto mixer so that dough just barely pulls away from sides, and a very soft,slightly sticky dough is formed)*knead for at least 6-7 minutes
For the filling:5 tbsp melted butter, brushed on rolled dough3/4 cup packed brown sugar1/4 cup of granulated sugar2 tbsp ground cinnamon
*For the glaze:1/4 cup room temperature cream cheese1 cup powdered sugar1/4 cup milk, or as needed1/4 tsp vanilla extract, optional*adjust glaze by adding more powdered sugar or milk toachieve desired consistency 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds to garnish Pin It

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder