27 Kasım 2012 Salı

Moroccan Turkey (or chicken) Salad

To contact us Click HERE

This is one of those combinations that originated in my imagination.  I love combining sweet and spice and savory all in one dish.  This salad does that and more.  I have made it a couple of times.  The first time, I just ate it plain.  The second time, I thought I’d try it on a bed of cooked sweet potato.  The potato was warm, but not hot.  The salad was cold.  It was actually pretty wonderful and not too unhealthy either.

I am still using my Lifesize portion control kit.  I have lost about ten pounds since starting to use it.  The last ten I have to lose have been constant companions for the last 20 years.  I’d love to see them go.  I will keep you posted whether or not the Lifesize system is able to evict them.    My point in bringing it up, however, is to tell you that these pics show a Lifesize portion; just one of six I am allowed to eat all day.  See, I eat lots and I am never hungry.

Print Moroccan Turkey (or chicken) Salad Author:   

Ingredients
  • ½ cup mayonnaise
  • ¼ cup coconut milk (the refrigerated kind in the ½ gallon cartons)
  • 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
  • juice of 1 lime
  • ⅛ tsp cloves
  • ⅛ tsp white pepper
  • ½ tsp cinnamon
  • ¼ tsp coriander
  • ¼ tsp cardamom
  • ½ tsp cumin
  • salt to taste
  • ½ white onion, minced fine OR ¼ cup chopped green onion
  • 2 cups chopped cooked turkey or chicken
  • ⅓ cup cashew bits and pieces
  • ⅓ cup chopped dried apricots
  • ½ cup chopped celery or fresh snow peas or other crunchy green vegetable

Instructions
  1. Mix ingredients from mayo to cumin in a small bowl.
  2. Place onion, turkey, nuts, apricots and vegetable in a larger bowl.
  3. Combine with mayo mixture.
  4. Salt to taste.
  5. Refrigerate until ready to use.

3.1.09

 


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder