28 Kasım 2012 Çarşamba

Mini Meatloaf

To contact us Click HERE

A couple of weeks ago, a local friend of mine came up to me and said, “Kristen, I am so disappointed with your blog!”  My heart stopped for a second before she went on and said that she had been sure that of all places she would have been able to find a recipe for meatloaf here.   I was surprised to find that she was right.  In four years, I have not posted one meatloaf recipe…at all.  Oddly enough, meatloaf is one of our favorite meals, especially with twice baked potatoes.

The only thing I don’t like about meatloaf is the grease.  I have tried the trick of putting slices of bread in the bottom of the pan (pre-gluten free days).  That did not work well for me.  I have tried making them on a big pan in a mound shape.  That works pretty well.  Then I tried mini meatloaves made in muffin tins with a big sheet pan underneath to catch the grease.  Let’s just say that after the mini’s, I have a little more experience with baking soda and putting out fires…..

Not to be deterred, I have made the mini version a few times now.  The trick is to remember to put the catch pan under all of the muffin tins.  After they are done, get them out of the pan immediately and set them on a platter lined with paper towels.  They are relatively grease free after draining.  The little muffins make leftovers a breeze.  Just plop them in a ziploc bag and the family can grab one for a snack.  Smoosh them a bit and they fit perfectly on a bun…instant hamburger!  With whole loaves, I find that the kids don’t want to bother and the leftovers have to be reworked into a new dish.

Print Mini Meatloaves  

Ingredients
  • 2 pounds ground beef
  • 2 eggs
  • 6 ounces crumbled or shredded cheese (I like feta, Cheddar or Swiss)
  • 1 tsp dijon mustard
  • 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 onion chopped (minced if you don’t want to see it)
  • 1½-2 cups crushed ritz crackers, oatmeal (or corn chex for Gluten Free)
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 Tbsp ketchup
  • 1 Tbsp dried parsley
  • ½ Tbsp marjoram

Instructions
  1. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients.
  2. (I use my hands, but it’s messy)
  3. Form into balls just slightly smaller than your muffin tins.
  4. (FYI, nonstick tins work much better than regular)
  5. Place loaves into muffin tins, bake 350 for 20-30 minutes (depending on the size).
  6. If making a whole loaf bake 50-60 minutes.

3.1.09

 

 


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder