16 Kasım 2012 Cuma

Lemon Berry Tartlets – Puff and Stuff

To contact us Click HERE
About 30 years ago, I made puff pastry from scratch inculinary school. It came out really, really well, and I haven’t made it since.Why? Because frozen puff pastry is so readily available, so consistentlyperfect, and so easy to work with, that the thought of going through all thetime and trouble to make my own seems kind of crazy.

Of course, that’s a poor attitude for a cook, and one I’vebeen fighting against all these years as I convince people that making your ownbread, dressings, cheese, crème fraiche, etc. is a worthwhile pursuit. So,eventually I will show you how to make puff pastry, and hopefully somehowreconcile this obvious hypocrisy, but for now, we defrost.
By the way, I realize that berry season is probably overwhere you live, but fresh California blackberries were still around a few weeksago when I filmed this video, and so I’m posting it anyway, seasonality bedamned. This is really about the technique for making little puff pastry tartshells anyway, and I’m very confident you’ll figure out how to fill them.
Speaking of which, don’t limit your brainstorming to sweettreats. These lovely little cups make for a stellar base for all kinds ofsavory bites. I’ve filled these with sautéed mushrooms, chicken salads, andsmoked salmon, just to name a few. Regardless of what you fill them with, theywill be very well received. I hope you give these a try soon. Enjoy!

Ingredients for 12 tartlets:1 sheet frozen puff pastry, partially thawed (you should get12 tartlets if you use a 2-inch cutter like I did)1 beaten egg1/3 cup lemon curd, vanilla custard, chocolate mousse,whipped cream, or other appropriate filling12 fresh blackberriespowdered sugar, as needed*Bake puff pastry at 400 degrees F. for 13-15 minutes, allowto fully cool before filling. Pin It

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder