20 Kasım 2012 Salı

Sweet Corn & Wild Mushroom Spoonbread – Best Cornbread Dressing I’ve Ever Accidentally Made!

To contact us Click HERE
It’s always nice when you start out making one thing,and it unexpectedly turns into something else, which ends up being far betterthan you expected. Such was the case with this quite homely, yet amazinglydelicious sweet corn and wild mushroom spoonbread.

I was trying to do a simple, wild mushroom-studded,sweet corn casserole to reinforce our holiday side dish repertoire, and before Iknew it, I was eating the best, most flavorful cornbread dressing I’d evertasted. Not only that, but we completely eliminated the step of having to makecorn bread first!
Of course, I wish I could do stuff like this on purpose, butlike my golf buddies used to say, “better lucky, than good.” The only drawback,as I obsessed over in the video, was the less that stellar appearance when itcame out of the oven. 

I may try some type of gratin topping next time, buthonestly, this was so wonderful tasting that I can’t even pretend to be upsetover such superficial concerns.  Ihope you give it a try soon. Enjoy!

Ingredients for 12 portions:1/2 cup dried porcini mushroom pieces, softened in 1 cup hottap water, squeezed dry1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter3/4 cup all-purpose flour3/4 cup yellow cornmeal1/4 cup sugar1 teaspoon fine salt1/2 teaspoon baking soda1/4 tsp freshly ground black peppercayenne to taste 2 large eggs1 cup buttermilk1/4 cup milk
1 pound sweet corn, drained well 1/4 cup chopped green onionsoil to grease baking dishBake at 350 degrees F. for 30-35 minPin It

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder