17 Haziran 2012 Pazar

Extravagant Grilled Cheese - Simple Recipe

To contact us Click HERE

The onion bread is baking right now its aroma is making my stomach growl.  Bread baking can only be improved by the smell of roasting onion.  However, I'm going to try by adding extra sharp aged cheddar, some thin slices of the last of the season's tomatoes and grilling the whole thing.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it. 

The onion bread recipe is Rosemary Onion Bread, minus the rosemary, as their isn't any fresh rosemary and dried rosemary just isn't the same.  I also substituted a cup of whole wheat flour for some of the unbleached. 


Cut off some fairly thin slices of bread.  Thin is good because it allows the heat to get to the cheese.  Assemble your sandwich: bread, cheese, tomato, bread.  Butter the bottom of the bottom piece of bread. 


On a grilled cheese sandwich it is important to cover it with a thin even coat of butter so it browns up and has that nice crunch!  I usually butter the top side while it is in the skillet.  Then when the cheese is starting to melt and the bottom is a lovely golden brown, flip! Toast up the other side and then eat while the cheese is still gooey and the bread is still crispy.  A nice glass of ice cold milk is also recommended. 

In hind site, I might have grilled the tomatoes separately first because they kept popping out side as I ate.  Luckily I have plenty of ingredients to try again.  Perhaps next time I'll make some tomato soup too!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder