25 Haziran 2012 Pazartesi

Sour Cream Cheesecake

To contact us Click HERE

My regular cheesecake recipe is truly the end all recipe.  It came from Rosie’s Bakery All Butter, Fresh Cream, Sugar Packed No Holds Barred Baking Book and going along with the title of the cookbook, calls for a whopping 3 pounds of cream cheese.  I posted it in the early years of my blog, so the photos are pretty bad.  Okay.  They stink.    The recipe, however, is spot on.  I have been paid to make that cheesecake for other people…seriously….it’s that good.

However, that recipe has little bearing on today’s offering.   It so happened that I found my self with an over abundance of sour cream.  I had something like 5 containers in my fridge and due to the number of people in my family, more than one was open.  I was on the brink of a frugal emergency and you all  know how much I hate wasting food.  I turned to my cookbooks for help.  I contemplated a potato dish, a couple of cakes and even cookies.  Then I came across the recipe for Sour Cream Cheesecake  in an old Taste of Home recipe.  With a lot of tweaking, it turned into this.

This recipe is cheaper to make than the 3 pound cheesecake, but only just.   It calls for 4 cups of sour cream and 19 ounces of cream cheese.  It is still not any better for you, although you can use both light sour cream  and cream cheese (but not fat free).  Unlike many cheesecake recipes that call for sour cream, this one does not have a separate layer for it, but combines the cream cheese and sour cream into one super creamy layer.  For the crust, I used a pulverized package of Bran Almondina Cookies for the crust.  You can use graham crackers or other crunchy cookies.

Sour Cream Cheesecake Print
Ingredients
  • 2 cups cookie crumbs
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
  • 32 ounces sour cream
  • 19 ounces cream cheese (2 8 ounce + 1 3 ounce)
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 Tbsp vanilla
  • 1 can pie filling (strawberry, blueberry or cherry) for topping
Instructions
  1. Combine melted butter, cookies and cinnamon in a bowl.
  2. Press into a standard spring-form pan.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
  4. Remove from oven.
  5. Meanwhile, beat sour cream and cream cheese until smooth.
  6. Add eggs, sugar and vanilla and continue to beat.
  7. Pour into baked crust.
  8. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. (Center will not be quite set)
  9. Cool on counter for 20 minutes and then refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
  10. Serve with pie filling dolloped on top of each slice.
2.2.8

 


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder